The attention of the office of the Speaker has been drawn to a publication by Imo Trumpeta Newspaper, edition of Tuesday 10th July 2012 page 2 captioned :
“SPEAKER’S AIDE BLASTS OKOROCHA”.
The write-up said among other things that:
(1) The dissolution of the re-instated Local Government Chairman is illegal.
(2) The Governor Okorocha performed an act of illegality by dissolving the Local Government Council.
(3) That Governor Okorocha brought a devilish and fraud infested bill on Community Government Council to the Floor of the House of Assembly and it was passed into law.
(4) That Speaker Uwajumogu is high handed towards his responsibilities
(5) That Speaker Uwajumogu is a rubber stamp of the Governor of Imo State
The media department of the office of the Speaker finds the above remarks as very challenging and awful because the said Imo Trumpeta edition refused to name the so called Speaker’s aide. At this point, we would like to state most emphatically that His Excellency Owelle Rochas Okorocha is doing his best to reposition the state on a positive lane and that no amount of blackmail by enemies of democracy will derail the rescue government of the present leadership.
It is equally symbolic to note that all the Bills and Motions passed by the Imo State House of Assembly are people oriented and in accordance with the demands of the vast majority of Imo people.
On his leadership abilities, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Uwajumogu has genuinely demonstrated that he is a great leader who carries all his colleagues and his aides along in his legislative responsibilities. Therefore anybody describing him as a rubber stamp is only being economical with the truth.
The office of the Speaker is therefore directing Imo Trumpeta Newspaper to name the said Speaker’s aide within seven days or face the consequences.
Finally, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Uwajumogu and His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha enjoy the best of Legislative-Executive relationship. Therefore no amount of blackmail will derail this relationship.
Ikenna Samuelson Iwuoha
Media Aide to the Rt.Honourable Speaker