The Executive Governor of Imo State, His Excellency Owelle Rochas Okorocha has just reshuffled his Cabinet. News of this development was confirmed by the Honourable Commissioner for Information & Strategy, Dr. Obinna Duruji.
In a phone conversation with IMO STATE BLOG, Dr. Duruji disclosed that the Cabinet reshuffle was announced in today’s EXCO meeting with the Governor.
The following changes were made:
-Lady Chioma Ogoke who served as the former Commissioner for Commerce and Industry has been redeployed to the Ministry of Housing and Urban development.
– Chief Ejike Uche , former Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development was redeployed to the Ministry of Public Utilities.
– Nze Ogueri Enwerem was moved from the Ministry of Lands to serve as the Honourable Commissioner in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
– Dr.Iheanyi Nwachukwu, the former Commissioner for Public Utilities is now the Commissioner for Special Duties. In this capacity, he will work closely with the Office of the Governor.
– Barr. Nelson ezerioha, leaves Special Duties to the Ministry of Transport, in charge of all transport duties. His portfolio will include the management of the soon to be launched, Imo Airlines.
– Mr.Nick Oparandudu, the former Chief Economic adviser to His Excellency was nominated to serve as Commissioner for Economic Planning and Development.
Lastly, the Former deputy Chief of Staff, Mr.Uche Nwosu was nominated by the Governor to become the Honourable Commissioner for Lands.
In Governor Okorocha’s voice we say,
“IMO STATE MUST BE BETTER!”