PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY, PDP, IMO STATE
11th MARCH, 2020
IHEDIOHA’S RETURN: THE TRUE POSITION
The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Imo State Chapter has been drawn to a misleading statement by the All Progressives Congress, APC, wherein our great party was accused of planning to destabilize the state.
We wish to state as follows:
1. Contrary to their false alarm, Imo State PDP is not planning any protest.
2. That our great party and its teeming members are only making preparations to receive our Leader and the Peoples Hero, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha CON, who is scheduled to return to the state on Thursday, 12th March, 2020 to among other engagements, participate in the party Wards Congresses slated for Saturday, 14th March, 2020.
3. As a law abiding party, it is on record that we have held peaceful protests in the state in recent past, when it was necessary, which Imolites are witnesses.
4. That it is noteworthy that the All Progressives Congress, (APC) is notorious for violence and brigandage and the PDP as a disciplined party, will not be intimidated by the grandstanding of the few, who are struggling with the stigma of illegitimacy.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, our leader, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha CON, and our great party are widely known as peace lovers and as such, will not engage in acts capable of inflicting more hardship on Imolites who have been pauperized since the Supreme Court judgement of January 14, 2020.
6. It has however, come to our notice that the APC has concluded plans to hire hoodlums with a view to infiltrating the planned peaceful reception of our leader to foment trouble and blame it on our party.
7. We hereby implore our teeming members and Imolites in general to troop out en mass to receive our Hero, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha CON and never be deterred nor provoked by anybody or group of persons into any act of lawlessness.
Imo bu nke anyi nile.
Hon. Nze Ray Emeana
Secretary, PDP, Imo State